Our company was founded in 1958 on the belief that professionalism, quality and value added services are fundamental to a successful company. Now, 55 years later, that philosophy has earned The Korte Company the reputation for delivering high quality, responsive services to our clients nationwide.
Throughout our history, we have pioneered both Design-Build and construction management as effective project delivery methods. Our staff includes architects and engineers to provide a full range of integrated design and construction services.
The Korte Company was one of the seven founding members of the Design-Build Institute of America and we’ve been listed in the ENR Top 400 Contractors List every year for the past 20 years and in the ENR Top 100 Design-Build Contractors List since its inception.
Business Development job summary
The Korte Company pursues Design-Build and Construction Management projects nationwide from offices in St. Louis, MO, Highland, IL and Las Vegas, NV. We pursue a balance of public and private sector opportunities. Our focus business sectors include Medical, Distribution, Industrial, Public Sector and Senior Living. The Business Development position is a key position within The Korte Company. The successful candidate is responsible for securing new and profitable Design-Build and Construction Management contracts.
- Support all efforts to close new business.
- Locate and evaluate potential business opportunities.
- Meet with clients to determine project goals, schedule and budget.
- Develop and execute project acquisition strategies.
- Communicate acquisition strategy to rest of acquisition team.
- Assemble and lead Korte acquisition team including Pre-Construction staff, Designers and Business Development Support staff.
- Facilitate proposal phase communications between The Korte Company and client.
- Communicate Korte solution to clients via written and oral presentations.
- Initiate and develop strategic partnerships with designers and subcontractors.
- Track business opportunities through SalesForce.com.
- Analyze competitors to enhance success rate.
- Attend RFP debriefing interviews and communicate feedback on win/loss with team members.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Desire to succeed against short and long-term goals.
- Proven, successful Design-Build project delivery experience.
- Ability to work with clients, designers, subcontractors and construction staff.
- Basic understanding of project scheduling, construction costs and building systems.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous project pursuits and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proven ability to build relationships.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions and analyze the costs and benefits of each.
- Strong work ethic, a great attitude and ability to thrive in an objective-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Listening skills.
- Understanding of risk management issues.
- Ability to travel.
Submit your resume online at http://careers.korteco.com/Opportunities.aspx