The Korte Company was founded in 1958 on the belief that professionalism, quality and value added services are fundamental to a successful company. Fifty-five years later, that philosophy has earned Korte the reputation for delivering high quality, responsive services to our clients nationwide. Throughout our history, Korte has pioneered both Design-Build and construction management as effective project delivery methods. Our staff includes architects and engineers to provide a full range of integrated design and construction services. We were one of the seven founding members of the Design-Build Institute of America and have been on the ENR Top 400 Contractors List every year for the past 20 years.
Job Summary of Senior Estimator
The Korte Company is looking for an experienced Senior Estimator to be located out of our St. Louis, Missouri office. The Senior Estimator is responsible for all pre-construction cost control functions for construction projects including complete estimates, value analysis, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies and historical cost reports. Senior Estimator applicants must be capable of performing cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously. Additionally, this role may take the lead role in pre-construction efforts. Typically, the Senior Estimator reports to the Chief Estimator and may have estimators reporting directly to him/her on assigned project(s).
Responsibilities of Senior Estimator
- Head up the quantity take-off, pricing and bidding of construction projects; work in conjunction with Bid Team to prepare an accurate bid proposal
- Specific focus on Design-Build projects
- Be responsible for final assembly of estimate for presentation to Owner
- Solid hard bid and conceptual estimating capabilities
- Strong knowledge and relationships with the subcontracting community
- Experience in estimates ranging from 5 Million and up
- Subcontractor solicitation during bidding process
- Aid field operations with change order pricing
- Review of the project documents for value analysis suggestions
- Preparation and pricing of value analysis suggestions
- Prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates
- 10 years’ experience estimating vertical construction under multiple project deliveries including CMAR, D/B, and traditional GC
- Proficiency in computers is required and the familiarity with MC2 and P6 is advantageous
- Good organizational and communication skills
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects more than 10 million dollars
- Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
Apply for Senior Estimator position
Submit your resume online at http://careers.korteco.com/.