The Korte Company was selected as the design-build contractor for the historic renovation and conversion of this local landmark into a new branch banking facility for Union Bank of Illinois. The existing structure which dates back to the late 1800’s had served as the home of the village newspaper, telegram and telephone company for many years. More recently, it served as a garage and trucking facility.
The goal was to maintain the classic style reminiscent of the original structure, while incorporating state-of-the-art technologies for the new bank.
In addition to interior and exterior renovation, work also included total removal and replacement of both the HVAC and electrical systems.